Week 5.5 (March 30-April 3)
• Write a letter to your replacement. Include the letter you received when you took over the job. The letter should include how-tos, tips, passwords, helpful ideas, dos/don’ts. Email me the letter when you’re finished.
Update LBTV Schedule
Upload completed videos here — due April 3
10:30 a.m. Newspaper Meeting – meet.google.com/rom-ydbi-qtr
11 a.m. Yearbook Meeting – meet.google.com/tmt-ddsd-kva
11:30 a.m. Editors Meeting – meet.google.com/vpo-bcgu-xhx
1:00 Journalism 1 Check-In and help – meet.google.com/gsa-jqav-day
Week 4.5 (March 23-27)
Photo 2, 3
• Remember your Adobe CC login will work on your home computer. Email or call if you need help setting it up.
• Turn in all equipment. Monday 12-2. Call the office 682-314-0717 and we’ll come get it from you in your car.
• Upload any photos from assignments & download photos you need for your portfolio on Monday 12-2 during “Park and Upload.” Dearinger and I can help during that time if needed.
a) access the server from the parking lot
b) wait until we get back to school or a time the district will allow access to the building
* Create a Portfolio Web Page. (see samples) Use wordpress.com, wix.com or squarespace.com Video Conference Time: TBA
* Write something for Corona Coverage
• Promote our Corona Coverage in Social Media
* Add ideas to the Google Folder for next year’s theme. Use Google Image search or any design firm like 160over90.com or Behance.net.
•(editors) Write a letter to your replacement. Include the letter you received when you took over the job. The letter should include how-tos, tips, passwords, helpful ideas, dos/don’ts. Email me the letter when you’re finished.
•(Non Editors) Work on Yearbook’s assignment or write a story.
•Create a video related to Coronavirus. Examples include how students are spending time during the crisis, a vlog about your thoughts on the pandemic and how it’s affecting everyone, local businesses and how we can support them, public service announcements about social distancing.
•Email your idea to Mrs. Dearinger before beginning to film.
• We will still use the LBTV schedule so please check that to stay up to date.
• Use your MISD credentials to access Adobe Premiere to edit your video. Here are directions on how to download and install it. You can use an app like Videolicious as well. If you do not have your kit you can use your phone to film.
• Please put your completed videos in Corona Craziness Folder Shared with you on Google Drive. Email Mrs. Dearinger when you are finished.
* If you have a computer, you can access photoshop from home. Use your school login. Do one of the following tutorials. Email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) a screenshot of what you created. Tutorial 1 | Tutorial 2 | Tutorial 3
* If you can’t access Photoshop or the tutorials, watch this tutorial and email the “five tips” discussed in the video.
*Graded Item •To Do