Today, is a day I take off from yearbooking and just sit and talk about events of 9/11. I’ve included some discussion topics. I use the video about Falling Man. This interview is powerful because of how the photographer views his job as a photographer.
Topics for 9/11
- What I remember/Where I was
- How the World Trade Center was built – how we never thought the building would fall
- How the World Trade Center was a group of buildings with an underground connection with subway stops
- If you’ve been to the memorial what you remember
- What life was like before 9/11
- Movies and videos to watch about the events of the that day
As a quick assignment, I have them find a person who died on that day and read their story. Then share with the class.