We’re growing and we need you! If you have an interest in writing, sports, video, photography, design, marketing, computers or just having fun – take a journalism class. We’re looking for photographers, writers, videographers, sports writers and more! Join the winning team. See Mr. Mallett or email him at email@example.com.
Did you know?
- Journalism is one of the largest extracurricular activities at Legacy. We have over 200 students in the program.
- Most journalism students are involved in other sports or activities. We have a student from most sports teams, band, choir, theater, JROTC and more.
- Journalism/Student Media students earn college scholarships from UIL.
- Over 2,000 people view our online newspaper, therideronline.com, a week.
- Our student publications have won national awards every year since Legacy opened and students travel to national conventions each year. New York in 2016.
- Legacy Student Media grads went on to work for ESPN, The Dallas Morning News, The Texas Rangers, NBC and other news outlets.
- Journalism I
- Photojournalism I
- Broadcast Jour 1
- Newspaper 1, 2, 3
- Yearbook 1, 2, 3
- Photo 2, 3
- Broadcast Jour 2, 3
- Independent Study in Journalism